SUMMARY OF HOW WE CONDUCT OUR TRAINING DAYS
Our training days are very much ‘hands on’, our aim is that by the end of the day each delegate will know how to manipulate a puppet correctly, have performed a skit/song and will have an insight into the benefits of Puppet Ministry in reaching people for Jesus.
Generally speaking the first hour of the day is spent discussing the theory and the rest of the day is putting the theory into practice. We find that this method not only provides a lot of fun for the delegate but they also learn a lot! We will also bring a wide selection of our resources with us including puppets, CDs, scripts, gospel illusions and books.
Duties of the Host Church
- Provide the name and address of the venue including the postcode
- Receive resources in the week prior to the event and store them for collection after the event. (The stock is usually collected on the Monday/Tuesday, following the event)
- Distribute flyers to local/church contacts (your local contacts are a great way of letting people know about the event, we will do a full mailshot to your area for customers on our database and an E-shot as well)
On the actual day:
- Open the venue by 8.00am, we will be offsite by approx 5.30pm (the actual training day runs from 10.00am to 4.00pm, registration starting at 9.30am)
- Supply 8 x 6ft tables to display our resources
- Supply refreshments (tea, coffee, squash), three times throughout the day (delegates bring a packed lunch)
The venue for the training day needs to have the following:
- A room to seat up to 80 people (needed for the hands on parts of the day)
- Two or three smaller rooms (to seat up to 30 people) for group work in the afternoon
- An area to serve refreshments
- Car parking
- Disabled facilities
Costs to the Host Church:
The cost to the host church is £120 and this includes 12 free places at the training day. Any additional bookings made by the host church would be at the standard £15 per person rate.
One Way UK will provide:
- We will lead the whole day with a team of experienced puppeteers
- We will provide all other required equipment to run the day (sound system, practice puppets, arm rods, resources, puppet staging etc.)
- We will mailshot our customer database in the local area
- We will E-shot our database in the weeks leading up to the event
- we will provide you with leaflets to distribute and also a PDF of our latest training day leaflet
- We will manage all bookings that come in for the event (with the exception of the delegates who book as part of the host church)
Puppet Ministry Training Day – Enquiry Form
If you are interested in hosting a Puppet Ministry Training Day then there a number of different ways to get in touch...
1) Simply complete our quick online form -
Click here to fill in our online Training Day Enquiry Form
2) or copy the form below into an email and send it to - firstname.lastname@example.org
3) or print off this form (pdf) and post it to:
One Way UK (Events), Ice House Christian Centre,
Victor Street, Grimsby, DN32 7QN
4) or just speak to Jenny and call us on our events number - 01472 241068
We will then contact you to discuss the details and possible dates. We look forward to hearing from you!
Details of person requesting information:
Postal Address including postcode:
Telephone No: ___________________
Email address: ___________________
Position within your church: __________________
Details of Church (Venue):
Full name and address of venue including postcode:
Website address of venue (if applicable):
Number of rooms available and approx. size:
Car parking – Is this onsite, roadside?
© 2017 One Way UK
One Way UK Ltd